After acquiring another piece of iPod, since the previous ones were either taken deliberately by my loved ones at home or disappeared into thin air… I also got the chance to re-group my favorite audiophile, and it goes in something like the following order (which, by the way, does not signify any kind of ranking):
- Ultimate Santana – latest compilation of the marvelous Santana, which he mostly collaborated with various artists. Seeing Santana performing live in Sydney last February still giving me the awe and shivers, that he does getting better with age, just like a best bottle of wine would be. Check out Into the Night (featuring Chad Kruger) and The Game of Love, which he recorded with Tina Turner.
- Call Me Irresponsible is Michael Buble latest album. He is maturing and shooting off the mark compared to Jamie Cullum. My favourites are Comin’ Home Baby, a duet with Boyz II Men, Wonderful Tonight and, of course, Everything. Absolute music for a relaxing ambience.
- Still in jazz genre, how can I miss Tony Bennett Duets, which was recorded in commemoration of Mr Bennett’s 70th birthday. He is still as smooth as ever. Love the duet with KD Lang (The best is yet to come) and with Michael Buble (Just in Time).
- Moving on to contemporary blues is Keb’ Mo’s Keep It Simple. This one was released in 2004, but generating fabulous blues, ballad guitar from this 56-year old Californian. I think all of the 12 songs in this album are distinctively wonderful to listen to.
- I have started listening to John Mayer since 2007, when he popped by in Sydney to promote his album at that time called Continuum. Since then, I am hooked to his powerful lyrics. Listen to Dreaming with a Broken Heart, which is soo thick with sorrow and pain. Waiting on the World to Change, is a proof of his strong influence by Eric Clapton.
- And my other feel-good tunes are: Mika (Life in cartoon motion), Vanessa Carlton (Heroes and Thieves), Mary J Blige (Growing Pains). They really help to shake and wake me up in the morning and looking forward to a (hopefully) happier days ahead!